Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Behold The Old City!

In the days when my eyes were awake 
My feet stood amidst the Presence of the Elderly Spirits 
Pouring libation to our Ancestors At the Assembly where the Aged sat in council 
 Waiting to unveil the future today 

Before me was put the echo of the wind 
To carry my breath to the people with a Message 
So they may hear and listen and understand The Word as spoken from the Beginning:
 "A city set on the hill cannot be hidden!"

Arise! O my people! 
Rouse yourselves from the stupor of your slumber 
Rinse your salvy eyes with water from that deep well 
And behold your blessings upon which you sleep 
On gold have you laid your mat and pillow.


 I have raised men (and women!) amongst you
 Who I have charged to chase the night away 
As this dawn ushers in the New Day at Sunrise 
Your wrongs have I cancelled and blotted out forever 
That I may not remember your sins anymore 


My blessings today abound in manifold 
I give your children cloths of white raiment 
Your elders have grey hair and full teeth 
See and count the fruits from your sons and daughters
 Before Creation, your City was set on this Hill! 


Do not be blinded by what you see 
Neither must you let what you hear dwindle your Hope 
For unto you was the Promise made in Ancient of TIMES 
I AM the maker and keeper of the city and its gates 
Now I grant you to walk on those Streets of Gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment